Louisiana Scholarship Program
The publicly funded Louisiana Scholarship Program is designed to provide students with additional opportunities to attend the school of their choice. Student applicants are eligible to receive state-funded scholarships to enroll in participating nonpublic schools.
How to Apply
2023-2024 School Year
Application window for the Louisiana Scholarship Program opens on December 12, 2022.
Application window closes on January 27, 2023.
In order to be eligible to receive a scholarship participating students must meet the following requirements:
- Child must be a resident of Louisiana.
- Child must be entering grade K-12.
- Child must have attended a “C,” “D,” or “F” school in the previous school year OR be entering
- kindergarten for the first time.
- Household income must not exceed 250% of the federal poverty guidelines.
These documents are accepted for RESIDENCY verification (one required):
- Rental lease agreement or mortgage
- Telephone Bill (must be a landline)
- Sewerage/Water Bill
- Homestead Exemption Notice
- Electricity/Gas Bill
- Cable/Internet Service Bill
- Current Official Letter from a Government Agency (DSS, DHH, DCFS)
- Property Tax Notice
These documents are accepted for INCOME verification (one required):
- Most recent Federal Tax Return, total income
- Most recent unemployment compensation statement
- Most recent pension statements
- Most recent Social Security benefits statement for parent/guardian
- SNAP Benefits
- DCFS placement form (foster children only)
|Household Size||Yearly Income||Monthly Income|