The application window to apply for the Louisiana Scholarship Program is now open!
The publicly funded Louisiana Scholarship Program is designed to provide students with additional opportunities to attend the school of their choice. Student applicants are eligible to receive state-funded scholarships to enroll in participating nonpublic schools.
Participating New Orleans Schools:
Deadline to Apply: January 21, 2022
Apply via the NOLA-PS Common Application Process: https://enrollnolaps.com/
Schools outside of New Orleans- application opens December 13th:
Deadline to Apply: January 28, 2022
Apply at www.LouisianaBelieves.com/Scholarship
In order to be eligible to receive a scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
- Your child must be a resident of Louisiana.
- Your child must be entering grade K-12.
- Your child must have attended a “C,” “D,” or “F” school in the previous school year OR be entering kindergarten for the first time.
- Your income must not exceed 250% of the federal poverty guidelines.
The following documents are accepted for RESIDENCY verification:
- Rental lease agreement or mortgage agreement
- Electricity/Gas Bill
- Telephone Bill (Must be a landline – cellular phone bills will not suffice)
- Cable or Internet service bill
- Sewage/water bill
- Current Official letter from a Government Agency (DSS, DHH)
- Homestead Exemption Notice
- Property Tax notice
The following documents are accepted for INCOME verification:
If the parent participates in any one of the programs below, the parent can bring evidence that they participate in the program.
- Placement form from DCFS in the case of foster children
- Louisiana Purchase Card
- SNAP Benefits
- Social Security Benefits
If the parent does not participate in any of the programs listed above, the parent will need to bring proof of income for every income-earning member of their household.
- Most recent Federal Tax Return
- Most recent pension statements
- Most recent unemployment compensation statement
- Most recent Social Security benefits statement